Lee, for most LLC we have received this year only the managing member signed. So, there are not always two signatories. Here are the actual requirements from HUD Handbook 4370.2
3-7. MORTGAGOR’S CERTIFICATION.
A. The annual financial report shall include: (1) a
certification by the mortgagor, when the project is
owned by an individual; (2) by two or more partners
(including at least two general partners if there are two
or more general partners), when it is owned by a limited
partnership; (3) by two officers one of which must be
the president of the corporation, when it is owned by a
corporation; (4) all joint venturers or partners, when the
project is a general partnership; or (5) trustee and
appropriate beneficiaries, when it is owned by a trust.
Now how that relates to you specific question is not exactly clear. I can only say that most LLCs report one managing member.
I did find another reference from the Financial Reporting and Auditng Guide (FRAG)
Owners’ Certification – include the following certification language:
“I/we hereby certify that I/we have examined the accompanying financial
statements and supplemental data of (mortgagor’s name) and, to the best of
my/our knowledge and belief, the same is complete and accurate.”
Include the name(s) of the individual certifying to the accuracy of the
financial information based on the following criteria:
- Certification by the mortgagor, when an individual owns the property.
- Certification by two or more partners (including at least two general
partners if there are two or more general partners), when a limited
partnership owns the property.
- Certification by two officers, one of which must be the president of the
corporation, when a corporation owns it.
- Certification by one member, when a limited liability company or a
limited liability partnership owns the property.
- Certification by all joint ventures or partners, when a general partnership
owns the property.
- Certification by the trustee and appropriate beneficiaries when the
property is owned by a trust.
I hope this helps.